Saturday, May 31, 2008

I went to Namdaemun Market.


Today, I went to Namdaemun market. Kara and I wandered around town starting at Myeong-dong, which is a popular shopping area. We started walking towards the subway and got sidetracked by the market. There were so many people here! Good grief! I don't love going out when things are so busy. I grew up in a very small town--just a few hundred people--and get a little clausterphobic! There are a few hundred people living on my block in the city!

The weather has gotten pretty hot lately. My skin gets a little sweaty (gross) and then I am covered with dirty, polluted, yellow sand at the end of the day. The subway cars have turned on the AC (called air-con here). It makes things much better! Especially when you are sharing a car with a few hundred people! :)

No comments: