Friday, May 16, 2008

Racecorse Park




Yesterday was an easy day for me at work. The students had a poetry/painting/picnic day at Racecourse Park. We all had to be there at 9 and I left at noon!

Funny story: there were a couple of thousand students at the park. At least 800 of them were mine, but I couldn't seem to find anyone I knew (including teachers). The students were not in their uniforms, so it was difficult to tell who was who. A group of girls said hello to me, so I went over and sat next to them thinking they were my students. Well, after about 15 minutes of chatting, they asked me what school I worked at. They were from a high school in the area and were definitely NOT my students! I had to wander around for another 30 minutes before I found the kids that went to my school! At least I made it in time for lunch! :) The parents prepared a lunch for the staff in honor of Teacher's Day. We all received gifts and flowers and chocolates! I like this holiday! :)

After work (at noon), I went and ran a few errands that I had been putting off (hair cut, the bank, etc...) before meeting up with Kara for a movie. We saw Penelope at the mall. It wasn't too bad--it has a good message (especially for a culture with mirrors and plastic surgery everywhere--although, the same could be said for many other places around the world). Has anyone seen it yet? What do you think?

No comments: