Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Interesting Day

I saw a video today at work--it was embedded in another person's blog (yes, I spend my working hours surfing the internet...sometimes I have 4+hours of prep time...gets boring). It didn't work to upload, but it was showing guys doing really great tricks with a soccer ball. I think these guys are super talented--I have never seen anything like it! I can't even do that stuff without the ball! Sorry it didn't work to upload! I will try again another time...

I am not sure why, but today I had an interesting day. More interesting than usual.

I have been addicted to this blog for the past two days: http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/. It is written by the author of the book The Four Hour Work Week. If you have some spare time (at work, if you live in Korea), check it out. He has posts on how to manage your time, take mini-retirements and how to lose up to 30 pounds in a few weeks without going overboard. I am attracted to the travel posts, such as the one about living like a rock star in Buenos Aires! :)

On the way home from work, I noticed the street fruit stand trying to sell their watermelons for $25! I can't believe that anyone would pay that much for a watermelon! They aren't even the XL oblong ones sold in the States! Martin and I bought a watermelon off a street stand this summer in Romania for a couple of dollars--and that was a top-of-the-line model! $25? No way! The price of fruit here is unbelievable. I just bought three apples for $3.50 (which isn't actually horrible if you didn't grow up eating as many as you can eat off the tree) and passed on the $19 strawberries.

Today I received no less than 3 aloe drinks (pronounced "aloe-ay" here), one box of apple juice, a white dress shirt from a student's mom (it is Teacher's day soon), and a box of homemade donuts from a co-worker's friend! It is not uncommon for me to go home at the end of the day with health drinks or rice cakes, but today was quite the mother load!

I am leaving for Japan on Thursday morning--I am excited to get there! Has anyone been to Tokyo? What was your favorite thing to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video won't load for me - Mom