Saturday, May 31, 2008

Career in acting?




Last week, I had my debut in acting! :) My friend Ken (in the hat and jacket) is an aspiring director and asked me to appear in his short film. I had a small role (very small--5 lines), but it was fun anyway. The short film was for an English class. We were supposed to model a dialog in a 'natural' setting. After our street scene, we went to a galbi restaurant (bbq) and finished up there. After taping, the guy with the blond wig and I got into a heated argument/discussion about patriotism. I am slightly patriotic. OK...not slightly. I love my country and will defend it despite its shortcomings. This guy is American, but is not as devoted as I am. He doesn't believe in what America stands for--he thinks there are so many problems and that the country is a joke! He challenged my patriotism and got me angry. I don't like when Americans say horrible things about America! I could go on and on... We argued and discussed this topic for awhile, and were even able to part peacefully.

No comments: