Monday, June 2, 2008

Nam-san + Botanical Gardens


Yesterday, my friend and I went hiking in the middle of the city! We went to Nam-san ('san' is Korean for 'mountain'). We walked up the hill to Seoul Tower, where we could go up 360 meters to see a panoramic view of Seoul. The windows were labeled with cities from around the world, so we could imagine we were looking at New York, Bratislava, and Buenos Aires (although, through the yellow sand, not much was visible).


A view from the top--I didn't get the whole story on these locks, but I think it is similar to the tradition in China, where couples 'lock in' their love for each other.


I manipulated this picture a little--actually, both the one above and below this text. I have been playing around with iPhoto. I've been wishing that I had more software to play with. It is kind of fun to change colors, shading and contrast.


After visiting Seoul Tower and hiking around Nam-san, my friend and I walked down the hill on the opposite side to see the botanical gardens. It was a huge park with flowers, trees, birds (!), and a reflexology walking path, where we took off our shoes and socks and let the stones massage our sore feet!

No comments: