Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sushi and a Hot Air Balloon Ride




Today was one of those lovely days off--like a snow day, but without the snow (well, actually, there was snow, but I will get to that later). The high schoolers have to take university entrance exams, so all the schools close down for the day. What did I do with my day off? Well, I ate way too much sushi and went to an amusement park! First of all, I love sushi! My friends and I went to a place where you pay 15 bucks for all you can eat in 40 minutes! The food floats around the table on boats and you just grab whatever pieces you want. I ate a lot of food and, though I eat rice almost daily, I still forget that it expands AFTER you eat it. So, about 20 minutes after I was finished eating, I was wishing I had passed on that last salmon roll! After lunch, we headed over to Lotte World--an amusement park. It was half indoors and half outdoors with about the same number of rides as the amusement park at the Mall of America. We went on a hot air balloon ride first and sailed up to the ceiling via thick metal cords and mechanically rode around the park. Next we took a ride on the carousel and finished off with the flume ride. The cool thing about Lotte World was the Christmas parade that started just as we got there. There were lots and lots of dancers all dressed in different costumes. It was pretty impressive, really. First, it started snowing in the building (instead of the cold stuff, I think they just used bubble foam--it looked cool though!). Then, a couple of girls dressed as snow fairies on rollerblades flew by with sparklers. Next, an all women band marched past with their tubas and drums. There were floats, dancers, animals--even Santa showed up! The Christmas decorations have been up for some time now (as I am sure they are at home, as well) and it was fun to get into the holiday spirit just a little today. I returned home tired after a long day on my feet. I have to work tomorrow, but it is nice to know that I have a whole weekend coming up! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun - I'm not such about the shusi though. Mom