Saturday, November 10, 2007

On the Mend

This week I was pretty sick with a cold. I didn't take any medicine because I am a fighter and refuse to believe that I could be sick. I spent the past three weeks battling this annoying cold with no avail. Finally, a friend of mine was tired of hearing my raspy voice and my coughing. She bought me some root juice used in Eastern herbal medicine. The drink came in a silver packet and was warmed for optimal results. I carefully tore open the corner, inserted a straw and sipped a little. The first taste was so revolting that I almost threw up! So, I tried an old method that used to work when my mom made me drink milk as a child. I plugged my nose and thought of happy things as I guzzled that stuff down as quickly as possible. I couldn't believe how much there was in that small packet! The juice tasted like stomach acids and didn't go down so easily. It gurgled in my stomach for a few minutes once it was down, threatening to come back up again. My friend was right, though. I needed to take care of that cold and the vomit-flavored substance did the trick! I just hope I never have to drink it again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting - If it works that well - you should find out if we have an equivalent item in America