Saturday, November 10, 2007

Stuck!

About once a week, on my way up the hill to my apartment, I see yet another truck, car or van wedged between a telephone pole and the corner of a restaurant. This is a very tight turn to make for any vehicle because the streets are very narrow and there are hills everywhere. Before even turning the corner to my street, I can usually hear the tires spinning against the pavement, struggling to get free. It can get a little frustrating for other cars or people waiting to pass, but I bet it's even more frustrating for the person who is driving that vehicle! Luckily for the driver, the nearby restaurant owners have some supplies to help in these tight situations. The owners are very skilled at helping to free stuck vehicles. They get out some pieces of cardboard and sometimes some sand to give the tires some traction. Once the restaurant owners step in to help, the van is free in no time. This guy in the picture blocked everything--I had to wait a few minutes to get home, so I whipped out my camera and tried to discretely snap a few pictures!

No comments: