Tuesday, April 29, 2008

USA!


Today I made my way up to the US embassy (American soil) to add some pages to my passport! I have always wanted to have to add pages! :) It doesn't expire for a couple more years and I am running out of space! Since I had the day off anyway, I decided to devote it to taking care of this matter (which I knew would take a long time and would most likely be a frustrating process). It turned out not to be frustrating, but it did take them 6 1/2 hours to tape a chunk of pages into my book! (I think I could have done it in 6 1/2 seconds!) The picture above was taken right in front of the embassy. Notice how many police are guarding with their big sticks--there were at least thirty that I counted surrounding the perimeter. Here is a preview of the new additions (24 in all):


At the top of each page is a patriotic quote. Here's my favorite: "This nation has a banner...it is the banner of Dawn. It means Liberty... Every color means liberty; every thread means liberty." ~Henry Ward Beecher. I like this one too (last one, promise): "It is immigrants who brought to this land the skills of their hands and brains to make of it a beacon of opportunity and hope for all men." ~Herbert H. Lehman. Ahhh... Inspiring...


While I waited for my passport to be finished, I hung out at this coffee shop: SandPresso. I had an onion flavored blueberry bagel (I didn't order it that way) with strange tasting cream cheese alternative and an americano that tasted very Korean somehow. Needless to say, SandPresso failed to impresso me, but they had a great stack of home decor magazines that kept me busy for an hour and a half, dreaming of decorating the house I don't have (and won't have for a looong time).

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

You can come decorate my house. :)
happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

I had pages added to my passport recently also.