Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Please, throw this life ring to the drowning person!


"Please, throw this LIFE RING to the drowning person!" I think I might need that ring pretty soon! Work has been getting more and more difficult! I come home so exhausted each night after teaching all day. I have been teaching morning classes for a couple of weeks (as well as my regular schedule) and find myself drained of energy each day! Of course, I am getting paid for the extra hours, but still... The good thing is that it keeps me busy and the time is flying by! I noticed that I have started on the 3rd of 6 chapters in my textbook that I am required to teach this term! And, midterms are in a couple of weeks--wow! I am half way through my 8th month in Korea. Four more to go--I'm in the home stretch! :)

My work situation has improved since last term (it wasn't bad before, it is just better now). I really have been enjoying my new co-workers. It is refreshing to have other's around that I can speak to (in English)--I really have a lot in common with some of them and they are less shy about speaking to me. Also, I know the students better this term and fell less like a fish out of water. I have a few students who stop by my desk daily to practice English (and one student who likes to practice German with me). Some students have spent years in the States or in Canada and have a little bit of a hard time transitioning back into Korean school culture.

By the way, I have a 5-day weekend coming up in May and will be taking a mini-trip on my own! Through working these extra hours, I have been able to pay off both my plane ticket and my hotel with about $25 to spare! :) I am looking forward to it! I leave May 8th! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Where are you going to go?