Friday, April 4, 2008

Singles Club


I didn't realize this, but my "Happy Thursdays" are actually club days! I have gone all year thinking we had a random hour off every other Thursday, but nobody told me there were club meetings going on (I just wasn't invited). There are a lot of new, young, single teachers that have started working at my school this term. They are really nice and have afternoons and evenings off like me! Monday, we decided to go to the Grand International Hotel and partake of their wine and food buffet for $25 . Kara joined us for the evening and she has a standing invitation into our school's singles club. By the way, the term "single" is used quite loosely. Two of the members are engaged, one is married, and a couple of us have boyfriends. The picture above shows some of the members, but the group is 14 or 15 strong!


Cheers to the singles club!


Our entertainment for the evening: a little "Lost in Translation" lounge singing. That grand piano was used as a stand for a hi-tech keyboard and computer system. There was a guy mixing sound behind it.

The evening was lots of fun, and we plan to meet frequently! Yeay for new friends!

No comments: