Monday, April 28, 2008

Update


Ha ha! Last week I posted about wanting to be more positive and then I haven't updated my blog since then! Some people might think the positivity must not be going well (you know, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all")! Well, the truth is, I have been pretty sick the past few days. I started feeling funny last Thursday and have pretty much been in bed since then (except for work on Friday).

A few updates:

First, I was given both today (Monday) and tomorrow off since I have to attend and present at an all day seminar on Wednesday. Today and tomorrow are testing days for the students and half days for teachers, so my co-teachers felt that it would be a fair exchange. That worked out nicely.

Second, I am getting ready and gearing up for my trip next week! A few posts ago, I mentioned I was going somewhere, but didn't say where. Well, my next destination is Tokyo! I will be gone from Thursday until Monday. We have a lot of random days off work these next few weeks (Parent's Day, Children's Day, Buddha's BDay, etc). This is the third of my three Asian trips planned for this year (Bali, Thailand, Japan). I traveled with Kara for the first two trips (which went really well--we are really compatible travel buddies!), but for the last one, I decided to go solo (also, because Kara and I didn't have the same days off). My last solo trip was Prague and I had an awesome time, so I have high expectations for Tokyo! :)

Third, things have been getting better lately (despite being sick right now)! Mostly because I decided they would, but isn't that how it works? I know that I have under 4 months left here, and I am ready to get on with it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Take care, Bonnie.