Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Random Day Off :)


Today was another election day for Korea, so we had the day off! Kara and I decided to take advantage of the morning time for prime viewing of the cherry blossoms which are in full bloom! I was told that all the flowers would fall off on Saturday, so if I wanted to see them, I would have to do it soon! We thought that most people would be voting in the morning, so we went early to beat the rush! It was a good thing, too! A couple of hours later, it was so busy that it was difficult to enjoy the blossoms.


The best viewing was near the Han river which runs through the center of Seoul.


This is what it looked like after 12... Too busy to walk! Kara and I meandered around for a couple of hours before making our way back home.

I really like that the Koreans have their election days off--I wonder if more people vote here since they have the day off. I am not sure...maybe we should try it in the States! It might work--I barely made it to last year's elections (actually, the ones in 2006) and had to wait in long lines for a long time before getting to vote. When I become president, that is one thing I will change...days off for voting (are you gonna vote for me?)! :)

No comments: