Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Snow? What's that?


Last week, I did a little more exploring and found an awesome park! Since lakes are limited in quantity, I definitely notice when I pass one. I also want to show my Minnesota readers what the weather is like here: hot, sunny, blue skies... The temperatures this weekend are supposed to be into the 90's. It doesn't feel like fall, but I don't mind the warmth.





Did I mention that I ran a 10K race two weeks ago? I set my personal record at 57 minutes and 55 seconds for the 6.2 mile run! Early in the race, I found a couple of people to pace myself with--a group of three women in some kind of running club, and a small woman running alone with the same shoes as I have. In the fifth mile, I passed every one of them and ran as hard as I could to the finish line. A friend of mine gave me some advice about training for a marathon, she said, "it is tough, but you will feel like you have accomplished something every day!" How true.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am so jealous! when can i come visit? seriously!!!
Nice job on your personal best! I have decided to start training... but just for a 10k. Im not ready to get back into the marathon world... not yet at least! :)

stmini said...

ok so when I was looking at the pictures I started to get warm tinglies on my arms and it made me happy because that past week or so it has just been very cloudy and not so warm.