Thursday, October 30, 2008

Surf City USA

The image “http://www.caldreaminracing.com/Upload/images/Surf%20City%20Logo%202009%20180.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I finally registered for my marathon! I don't know why I was waiting...maybe to see if I could really do it. I mean, I know I can really do it, but I was a little nervous that I might chicken out (I still might chicken out, but I am going to try hard not to). A marathon is a scary goal to set out to accomplish! Traveling in non-English-speaking countries is NOTHING compared to this!

I was previously lined up to run the Napa Valley Marathon, but there were a few obstacles so I decided to search for something a little cheaper and closer to where I live. Napa Valley will be visited, believe me, but maybe I will enjoy it more under different circumstances.

I found this marathon: Surf City USA Marathon. I am really excited because I think it is a perfect thing to mark my time in Southern California! It is a month earlier than the other one, so that means I have to work hard to finish all my training, but I am up for it! A big bonus is that it is really close (maybe 30 minutes away) and my friends (if I have some by then!) can come and cheer me on!

The trail goes down the Pacific Coast Highway through several beach areas. I read that we get cool surfboard medals at the end of it, too!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

WOAH! I hear what you are saying about marathons are way more scarier then traveling in any foreign country! GOOD LUCK! I know you will do great! Wish i could come cheer you on!