Friday, November 21, 2008

one more foreign film

Tonight was the final night of the free foreign film festival in Fullerton (how's that for alliteration?). I have to say that the selections have been awesome and now I am going to rent the ones I missed out on!

The image “http://www.thewriterscoin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/kite-runner.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

We saw The Kite Runner (Afghanistan) tonight. Wow. What a story. I haven't read the book yet (I know, I know...I'm a little behind on my current lit titles), but the movie was really powerful. I don't want to say too much, but, again, this is a must see movie (there are some pretty tough parts in it--it is probably not for kids). Be prepared for some heart-wrenching moments.

By the way, does anyone have a copy of the book I could borrow?

OK. Here is the list of the films I didn't make it to:

Pauline and Paulette (Belgium)
La Vie en Rose (France)
The Way Home (South Korea)

Have you seen any of these titles? Are they hits or misses? I am sure that they are pretty good, but if anyone has any input, I would love to hear it!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

La Vie en Rose is very good. But i am a huge Edith Piaf fan... so that is probably why i liked it so much.

AxeZen said...

- Le fate ignoranti (Italian)
- La finestra di fronte (Italian)
- Amores Perros (Spanish)
- Y Tu Mama Tambien (Spanish)
- Leben der Anderen, Das (German)
- Gegen die Wand (German/Turkish)
- Namesake (English)
- Cidade de Deus (Brazilian Portuguese)
...