Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"You have 'wholesome' written all over your face"


Really? Wholesome? What does that mean, exactly (young, naive, innocent...)?

I went in for an interview yesterday and met with a man and woman about an over-the-internet teaching position. We talked about the job, curriculum and students when the woman interrupted the interview and asked, "you're not from here, are you?" When I said, "no..., why?" she replied, "because you have 'wholesome' written all over your face!"

This isn't the first time someone has pegged me as an out-of-towner based on my appearance. I just assumed it was my down-home fashion ways, but apparently it shows on my face, too! :)

3 comments:

stmini said...

did you ask her what she meant by that comment? that is so weird

AxeZen said...

I don't know what she meant with "wholesome" when she looked your face. All I see is a sweetheart looking face :)

Anonymous said...

it is your "cover face" for hiding your true identity: a movie pirater thug gangsta chick:) i know you...sandra