Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Woo-hoo!!

My shower works! I have hot water for as long as I want it!! I have forgotten how much of a luxury that is to have! No more shower sprints and goosebumps on top of goosebumps! Maybe this is just my theory, but I think my cold is in direct relation to my cold shower. Do warm showers keep us healthy? I have never really believed the thought that being out in the rain makes you sick. Or, the belief that being out in the cold weather makes you sick. No way--I grew up in MN. It is cold all winter and I don't remember being sick all that much growing up. Likewise, I don't think the people who live in Seattle or London are sick all the time--it sure rains a lot in those places. Anyway, just a thought. But, a warm shower helps me start the day better (I'm not as grumpy), so maybe it is all in our heads. My room was toasty warm this evening as I got home. My landlord promised to fix the shower and turned on the heater for me. It was kind of nice and made me forget the fact that I live alone! Well, if this entry isn't random enough already, I am going to throw another thought out there. I don't think that a person could have a house pet in Korea. The floor is the source of heat and it is really hot right now (hot enough that I kind of scuttle across at a quick clip--kind of like walking barefoot across hot pavement in the summer). I don't think a cat would touch it.

A closing conversation between me and the guy at the front desk at the gym:

Him: It's cold out, huh?
Me: Yes. How cold is it going to get?
Him: Twice this cold.
Me: ? OK. ?

(Am I missing something? How cold is that going to be? Am I the only one who doesn't get it? How can it get twice as cold? Twice as cold as what?)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

warm showers are a bit of heaven! I'm glad your shower is working and I'm glad you enjoy your cd!! Merry Christmas!