Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm Glad You to Meet!

As usual today, at 4:30, the art teacher and I started on or daily walk to the subway station. He is a sculptor and shared with me that he had a sculpture in an exhibit tonight. Using his very limited English, he asked if I had time this afternoon and if I wanted to join him. I told him I would very much like to go and see his sculpture. It turned into a whole evening and I have just gotten home (it is 9). When we got there, I realized that it was the previewing of the exhibition and the only guests were the sculptors themselves and the chairpeople of the Korean Sculptor's Association. I was the only non-artist! We looked at the art, then all went for a meal of Korean BBQ. It turned into a really fun evening, and at the end of the night, as we parted ways, after I thanked him for bringing me along, my coworker's shook my hand and said , "I'm glad you to meet." It brought a smile to my face and I thought, "I am glad you to meet too!"

No comments: