Sunday, December 16, 2007

Packing has Commenced!

Today was the long awaited day for me to dig my empty, dusty luggage out from under my bed. I told myself months ago that I couldn't start this process until a week before departure. So, now my room is a complete, yet organized, mess and I only have 5 more days until I am flying home for vacation! I have stacks of stuff everywhere--from clothes to gifts to drying laundry! I am counting down the days and getting very excited! My vacation plans are pretty simple, but I will savor every moment! :) I am ready for some America after traveling for nearly 7 months! I will spend the first half of my trip in freezing, cold Minnesota with my family before driving out to California with my boyfriend for the second half of my time in the States.

Some things that I am especially looking forward to are:

1. Seeing my family after 7 months away and my boyfriend after 4 months away!
2. Eating and cooking familiar foods and treats! I am especially looking forward to Swiss fondue and raclette, Mexican quesidillas and homemade Chinese food!
3. Visiting close friends and spending time catching up with them!
4. Shopping for clothes and shoes and supplies for the next 9 months!
5. Speaking English quickly and fluently without having to rephrase key points!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Have a great trip back! If I don't see you... Merry Christmas Bonnie!

Anonymous said...

We are also very exited and counting down days for you to come back! THREE more days! I miss you Bonnie! Love you! -kayla