Thursday, December 13, 2007

Quote for the day.

"She took comfort in the pure randomness that surrounded her, accepting that no one escapes, knowing that it could happen to anyone at anytime...pain, happiness, confusion, even love."

I love this quote. My friend gave it to me a few years ago, and I found it again today amongst a stack of old lesson plans and copies of worksheets from my job in Minnesota. It took on new meaning for me today. Sometimes I feel like I am surrounded by pure randomness--I know it is not random to those who grew up here, but to me it seems that way most of the time--I struggle with the daily things and make huge efforts to do things that take natives only minutes to do! Sometimes I spend hours trying to make sense of something that should be quite simple only to be left completely confused! Even so, life is good--randomness is good. I embrace the randomness around me--eventually, it starts to seem not so random anymore. Anyway, I am not going to say a lot tonight, I will spare you my futile attempts to express my thoughts in a profound way and let the quote speak for itself.

No comments: