Monday, December 3, 2007

Sabrina, I've got a Puke and a Meow!

My friend Sabrina has a great way to rate good and bad things that happen on a daily basis: puke and meow. Good, happy, and exciting things get a meow, and bad and horrible things get a puke (there is a science to this). Now, while I haven't completely adopted this system for everything, it was the first thing I though of tonight as I walked back to my apartment! The puke thing that happened to me today was that I found out that I do indeed need to teach a three-week class during winter vacation. I had been told for about two weeks that I probably won't have to do this (and would get extra time off), but today, that dream was shattered. It isn't so bad because it will only be one 90 minute class per day for three weeks, but, when you think you will have the time completely off, and you don't, it is kind of a bummer to find that out. Another puke thing is that I am still sick. It has been way too long and I am tired of coughing, and my nose might fall off if I use one more kleenex. The meow thing that happened was when I got home, my landlady knocked on my door and invited me to dinner! She prepared mandu (Korean dumplings) and dokguk (traditional soup for Lunar New Year). Something more that came out of this dinner was that her husband promised to fix my boiler! That means, no more shower sprints after tomorrow! Each morning for the past few weeks, I have only had about two and a half minutes of hot water each morning. I get in the shower already shampooing my hair, and race through the conditioner as the hot water desists and the cold water streams out of the shower head. I am generally pretty cold at night and dread the thought of getting out of my bed and into that shower. In fact, I have been showering every night at the gym because it is consistent hot water, but I really like my morning wake-up routine. Another thing is that the button panel near my door (refer to my previous entry) has become a little clearer. My landlady told me not to touch two buttons I have been using daily. No wonder my room is usually cold in the mornings!! As you see, my day has been up and down and up and down. Thanks for letting me borrow your system Sabrina--it really fits my day today!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Meow!! Although I do find myself saying Puke a lot more! Did your sampler arrive yet?