Thursday, December 6, 2007

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

The Salvation Army bell ringers are here too. :) Today, since some of my students have already taken their final exams, I taught them the song, Santa Claus is Coming to Town. They have this song in Korean to the same tune, but it the lyrics are slightly different. The first thing I did in class was to group the students and pass out the lyrics in Korean. They had to translate the lyrics into English and here is a sample from my last class:

You Must Not Cry

you must not cry
you must not cry
Santa Grandpa don't give present to crying children
Santa Grandpa know that who is good or bad
he is coming to night
when you sleep or wakeup
when you are angry or playing
Santa Grandpa know everything
Santa Grandpa is coming to town to night

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

great song! I like those lyrics better! Santa Grandpa sounds mean, just like he should be to all those darn crying kids! :)