Friday, October 24, 2008

I like to make things.


This is my next project: an earing organizer.

I have a book that I call my style portfolio. It is a simple, black sketchbook with white pages on which I attach paint chips, fabric swatches and pictures of furniture and other housey things I like and want to someday incorporate into my home. Since I can't have a house yet, I guess this is my way of nesting.

Back to my project. I am going to take a plain, white frame with wide edges and remove the glass and back. Next, I will twist four to six small eyelet hooks into the wooden edges. I will then twist piano wire into the hooks to create the finished product: an earring organizer. I like this project because if I don't have my earrings displayed, I forget to wear them!

I searched for a frame this morning at a local thrift store, but was unable to find what I needed. So, I will look again this weekend and pick one up somewhere else! I will post a pic of my finished product later.

I know I am going to get at least one jab about Martha Stewart about this. Go ahead...I can take it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks very nice. It is a piece of art.

BW

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention in my last comment. If you can't find what you are looking for, I can have Jim make one for you and paint it white. All you need to do is to send the measurement.

BW

Anonymous said...

love the idea bonnie! if you find a good necklace organizer idea send ot my way. sandra