Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Look what I found!

The image “http://www.cityoffullerton.com/images/Departments/ParksRec/Laguna-Lake-Sign-008.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This, my friends, is Laguna Lake. It is the first lake/river/pond I have seen in California...maybe ever. The 70-something-year-old identical twins across the street told me about this lake last week, but I didn't find it until today. The girls, Jean and Jane, have been particularly helpful in helping me find things in this new city. They are so cute, too--they live together, dress identically, have the same red hair, and even finish each others' sentences! I really like them--they remind me of my aunt Reeva, only doubled. Neither has been married or has children, and when one is over here too long, the other comes over to check things out.

My running has been a great way to get out and get to know the city. There are a couple of local trails I have tried running, and have the general layout of the streets on this side of town.

http://www.cityoffullerton.com/images/Departments/ParksRec/hilt%20trail.jpg

I am really excited to get out there on the trails tomorrow and see what else I can find! :)

No comments: