Thursday, June 5, 2008

I still...

I happened upon a blog the other day and was inspired by one of the posts. The girl wrote about change and how even through all the years, she hasn't really changed. I decided to do a mini-version of her post. So, here it is--things that I did/said/believed when I was 10 and still do/say/believe now:

I still...
...avoid the cracks on the sidewalk (even though I know it has no relation to my mother's back)
...separate my candies according to color, carefully saving my favorite colors till the end.
...love to go to the beach every chance I get.
...stay awake longer than I need to in the summer, because I feel like I'm missing out on something.
...like to hear the metronone of ticking clocks because it reminds me of my Grandma (sitting at her house for hours while my parents worked in the shop--her clock was so loud, but I used to compose music in my head to match the ticking).
...look forward to 4th of July fireworks and think it is the highlight of the summer.
...am a little scared of thunderstorms.
...dislike the color yellow.
...think lilacs are the best smelling flower--ever.
...am mesmerized and calmed by large bodies of water (lakes, oceans...).
...dread washing dishes and usually put it off as long as possible.
...think that it is a treat to go out for dinner or stay in a hotel.
...have many of the same friends I have had since childhood.
...can eat a huge bowl of popcorn--huge.
...wish my hair was curly.
...am a little uncomfortable with being too sentimental, and therefore will stop now. :)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Oh wow... Im going to steal this one! very nice bonnie!!!

Sabrina said...

You changed your blog name! love it!
...not all that glitters is gold...