Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Before moving to Korea, I had never...

-eaten rice and kimchi on a regular basis
-bowed to my boss
-owned suit jackets (plural)
-sung karaoke
-hung out naked at a public bathhouse
-cooked my own food at a restaurant
-paid $70 for a month's gym membership
-sat down at a dinner table with a roll of toilet paper at the other end
-not owned keys
-had students bow to me
-seen kimchi and sweet potato on pizza
-not tipped at restaurant
-used a subway to get to work
-been to an Asian country
-eaten stewed silkworm larvae (bondaegi)
-paid so much for fruit and veggies
-thought I would even remotely enjoy living in a city of 11mil (but I kinda like it)
-been nearly run over by a car on the sidewalk
-felt out of place on the beach in a bathing suit
-seen women hiking in stillettos
-been aggressively pushed by old people
-had fish eat the dead skin off my feet
-felt racially discriminated against (a good experience for me, believe it or not)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

totally amazing experiences!