Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Student Election Day


Today was the day the students chose their student body president. This was such a serious event--I couldn't believe how much the students got into it! When I was in middle school, the candidates made their campaign posters at home with paper, glue and glitter. Here, they were professionally made and laminated--very authentic.


This pic is of the student mass assembly. This kind of assembly happens at least once a month. The students stand in perfectly straight lines as the assembly master shouts out orders (attention, turn right, turn left, at ease) and holds what looks like a horse whip (I haven't seen him use it, though. I think it is just used as a prop so he looks official).


I added this last picture to show you my new favorite student--he is the one who is standing in the front of the line, posing and leaning to the right. This guy could be the littlest one at the school. He likes to pop his head around the corner near my desk and say hi. He visits me every day and usually stays for a short chat (and a piece of candy).

Oh, the outcome of the election was somewhat predictable. The elected leader is basically the kind of student who is good at everything. He has near perfect marks, is athletic and has lots of friends. Congrats to him!

No comments: