Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cool Music

Lately, I have been listening to a lot of new music. A nice thing about being here is that there is more exposure to international music (although, I haven't really gotten into Korean music yet). I have included a video of one of my new, all-time, favorite artists: Mika--a Lebanese-born British artist. I love his songs, including: "Relax," "Love Today," "Happy Endings," and "Lollipop." Also, I have been into Kate Nash, another British singer. Her songs are funny and honest. And, if you happen to speak German, Silbermond is my favorite non-English group--beautiful songs, even if you don't understand all the lyrics! But, of all this new music, I LOVE, love, love the soundtrack from the movie, "Once!" It is so good--if you haven't seen the movie, I really recommend picking it up ASAP! It was a pretty low-budget Irish film, so you don't have to trip over all the sparkly and flashy things Hollywood likes to throw into movies. Also, there isn't much dialog, just lots of music and real-life acting.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I HEART MIKA!!! I have for awhile and you are the only person i know who also likes his music!! YAY!!!

Sabrina said...

...and I just discovered Kate Nash!! Check out Yael Naim if you have a chance... she's swell!