Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Christmas Vacation!

Christmas at home was wonderful! It was so nice to go home after all these months! I spent the first half of my trip home with my family in Minnesota. We had Christmas with the extended family--even Martin's stepdad came from Switzerland to join us! Martin and I received a pair of couple's mittens (I am not sure they would be called "a pair" since there are three pieces...oh well). They are especially made for easy hand-holding action! :)
The family tree in the living room... My brother Tony is in the corner of the picture. ALL of those presents under the tree are for me (ha ha!! just kidding!)! :)
The second half of my trip was spent in California! Martin and I drove his car back to LA, but were able to stop in Kansas to see my friends Dana and Randy! It was a quick stop, but definitely worth the trip! We ate dinner with them, then headed on our way (we left KS around 11!). After crossing the border into California, we had the most unfortunate flat tire ever! It was really, really early in the morning on Saturday night (nothing is open or will be open till Monday) after Needles, California. Where is Needles, you say? That is a good question! We had AAA come and fix it for us and finished the last 250 miles into LA on a spare in the wee hours of the morning! In the remaining days of my time in the States, we visited our favorite restaurants, and locations. It was really great to speak English quickly and to also understand what was being spoken to me! :) I didn't have to guess at what people were trying to tell me! Awesome! :)
And finally, a clear day in LA. The clarity lasted only a few hours after the rain until the smog rose again! It was a great time home! Definitely!

All in all, it has been nice to be back in Korea, too. I don't call it "home," but for the time, it is where my life is! I started working again on Monday (I returned from the States late Saturday night) and have been enjoying my small class of students! This class will last for three weeks, then it will be vacation time again!! :) Woo-hoo!

No comments: