Friday, October 26, 2007

No Keys!



I haven't had to carry around keys since before I left Minneapolis in June. I was kind of looking forward to having a set of keys and a cell phone again, but I don't have either in Korea! My apartment is opened with codes (and I secretly fear that I will completely forget my codes someday!). Also, as you may know, it is required to remove one's shoes when entering homes and some restaurants. I have acquired quite a pile and don't always put them away as often as I should! I brought a lot of shoes and even had my mom send a couple more pairs because my feet are unusually large here in Korea. It is embarrassing to tell the shopkeeper my shoe size! Their eyes bug out and they make a gesture with their hands that reminds me of how people describe the size of fish they caught! There is always about two feet of space between their hands! :) (I wear an American size 9 shoe)

No comments: