Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back in Cali

Vacation is over and I'm back in California. I went from -22 degree weather and this:


To a nice long run on the beach yesterday, with 80 degree weather and this:


I can't say that I mind it. I love it, actually! :)

Vacation was so good, but I am sorry to say we didn't leave the house much! We got to Minneapolis once before leaving (I planned at least 3 visits), and never made it to Brainerd...not once. However, I should mention our trip to Chicago (I will post some pictures in a future blog). My sister, Jenny, is spending this semester in Spain and needed to make a quick trip to the embassy on Michigan Avenue. My three youngest sisters, Martin and I drove down, spent a day, and drove back.

Being in the land of ice and snow made me miss Minnesota. It is such a nice place to live and work. The winters are colder than I prefer, but aside from that, it is great. And now I am reading a novel that is set in northern Minnesota and Canada--it makes me look forward to summer!

The search continues for work and, now, a place to live. I have only three more weeks to live with Edna, after that I am homeless. The timing is good, though--I am really optimistic about this year. I have applied for a couple of jobs that I am really excited about and I have some traveling to look forward to.

My marathon is in two and a half weeks and I am feeling good about it. I am nervous, but I think it is good to be. I ran 18~19 miles yesterday and felt stronger than ever. 26 miles is more than I have ever run before, but I am so excited for the big day! :)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

You're back!!! You are so lucky to be back in cali now! it's brutal here!!!!!

Good luck with the marathon! You are a rock star!!!