Thursday, January 22, 2009

Probiotics

Lately I've been learning about probiotics. What are they, you ask? Well, they are the supplemental healthy bacteria and yeast that aid in food digestion and prevent many uncomfortable infections and/or digestive health problems. I first started hearing about and taking probiotics in Korea last year. Koreans are crazy for them. I used to get what I referred to as "yogurt drinks" from the 7/11 on my street, and they were often served to the whole school at lunchtime. Ihave come to realize what they were: probiotics.

Here is what I have been taking in the States: Yakult. It tastes very much like what I drank in Korea.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h31/AlanTheOne/yakult.gif

I really like the taste of these little bottles of healthful bacteria. I was drinking about one a day until Martin picked up a pack of these pills while my stomach was sick one night and he went out to get me some pain killers to help:

The image “http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nBhVGQUIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

I am not sure how many probiotics are suggested, so I stopped drinking Yakult while I try these pills.

I am not sure if I will continue taking these supplements full-time, but for now, I like what they are doing. If you are a person with stomach problems, I recommend trying something like this. I know there is still a lot of research being done to determine the effects of probiotics, but so far, I am a fan.

Has anyone taken these before? What did you think? Did you notice a difference?

No comments: