Monday, June 22, 2009

Potluck dinner at school:


Two weeks ago, we had a potluck dinner with my beloved night classes. It was the last night for me to teach night classes and we wanted to celebrate the switch-over. We threw a potluck!

Our sushi restaurant owners brought two huge trays of sushi, and there was a myriad of other dishes--but not a fork in sight. In the picture above, you can see sushi, a pasta salad (literally, salad + pasta...made me laugh), and Korean kimbap. I brought the American classics, mac and cheese, and pbj sandwiches (per request).

Here are a few of the night class students. I really miss them--the morning group is nice, but I really enjoyed working with these guys! Martin and I sometimes hang out with the group after class on Wednesday nights. We meet at a coffee shop and all hang out for an hour or two.


One student, Taka, is an expert sushi chef. He brought in some mackeral and showed us how to make a sushi roll. He torched it and cut it with a huge sword-like knife. It was some of the best tasting sushi I've ever had! :)

No comments: