Sunday, June 28, 2009

El Caminito de La Boca


Just a short taxi ride through town led us to El Caminito in an area called La Boca. This street is probably the most photographed street in BsAs and is the image gracing the front of many postcards and souvenir books.


La Boca is well known as the home of Tango. There were several dancing couples who braved the crisp air to entertain the tourists and lure us into their cafes and restaurants.




We were on a mission for warmth today. Our apartment wasn't equipped with lots of extra blankets, and I somehow underestimated the temperature of Argentina's winter and forgot to pack for the cooler climate.

I found and purchased 6 pairs of socks, a fleece blanket and four long-sleeved black undershirts. That should help. I guess I was just so preoccupied with other things while I was packing that I forgot to think about these things!

2 comments:

dana said...

welcome back to the blogosphere! Thanks for updating...I'm excited to hear about your trip!

Anonymous said...

i hope you have warm drinks:) sandra