Monday, February 16, 2009

Chalet Edelweiss for Valentine's Day!

The image “http://images.citysearch.net/profile/b6/30/47304260p1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Martin surprised me with an awesome dinner to one of the few Swiss restaurants in LA: Swiss Edelweiss. Yum!

This weekend was so fun--it started on Friday night when we went roller skating with Martin's ex co-worker and her friends. We were amongst the 6 white people in the whole place. I say this only to emphasize the cultural difference we encountered as the music started and the mostly black crowd started dancing around the rink. It was so funny to me to imagine my stiff-legged, ackward glide among such rhythmically talented people! While I fall under the beginner category, Martin was surprisingly good on skates! He has such a relaxed approach to new things (like skating and learning new languages) that he was quick learner.

Saturday, Martin picked me up around 2 (with a rose) and we headed up to Santa Monica to hang out for a little while before going to the restaurant. When we got to the Chalet, we ordered raclette, traditional fondue and homemade apple strudel for dessert. Everything was so delicious and made me want to visit Switzerland. I know Martin really enjoyed being able to speak Swiss German and was able to order a sports drink he is often homesick for.

It was all such a treat--we have both been under a lot of stress (who isn't?), and it was so nice to just leave it all at the door and enjoy the evening. It was a great Valentine's Day! :) Hope yours was too!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!
And the Rollerskating part was awesome!

Sabrina said...

Hey! What's up? How's life? I miss you!