Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Samanfar, Elric

My friend sent me this video the other day. I laughed so hard as I watched! It is a clever little clip from China, though the content could translate to Korea pretty easily. Take a look:



At the beginning of summer camp, I asked my students if they had English names. One boy answered, "Elric." For Korean students, as well as other Asian language speakers, the "L" and "R" sound is difficult to decipher. Many times these sounds are confused, leaving the listener a little unsure of what is being said (liver-river, wrong-long). Well, I asked Elric if he was sure that it wasn't "Eric," but he insisted on the spelling, so I called him Elric.

I like the name Samanfar...don't you? :)

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

That girl is hilarious! And I can so relate with the students i had when teaching in China, Like Rabbit.

dana said...

I think I like Smacker better! LOL