Monday, August 18, 2008

Gold Medals

The Olympics from Korea really stink--in fact, the only events they have been showing are ones that Koreans have placed in (table tennis, judo, women's weight lifting...). I just got back from Jeju (more on that later) and had to check up on Michael Phelps' metal count--it looks like he just got his 8th about an hour ago! Congrats Michael! This is that last Olympics I ever want to watch in Korea again! Really--they replay the same events back to back, over and over. And, to top it off, it's all in Korean, so I can never really tell right away if I've already seen the "live" replay of an event. Unfortunately, the Olympics will be over by the time I get home, so I will have to just look forward to the games in Vancouver.

Jeju was really fun! I will post again once I upload my photos. We just got in this morning--the flight was a quick 50-minute flight, so no jet lag to report, just a nice, brown tan! :)

2 comments:

dana said...

5 days! Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the last few days in Korea!!

sarah (still in Japan - but headed to China 8/20) :)