Sunday, September 2, 2007

Korean National Museum



Before moving from the conference center to our schools, we (about 200 native English teachers) had the chance to visit the Korean National museum. It was so different from western museums... The art was centered around Buddism and Confucionism and even the timeline was difficult for me to understand. The art was labeled according to dynasties instead of years BC or AD. It was really fun to see some of the really old artifacts from this part of the world. The next day, we all loaded up into busses to head out to our new schools. I am going to be working with five Korean English teachers and my school seams nice. All of the teachers are friendly and my apartment is pretty nice. It is small and furnished and it is in a great location in the city! I have an air conditioner and a huge TV (but only the army channel is in English). I will have a thirty minute commute in the morning via subway, bus, and by foot. I have already done quite a bit of walking around and expect to maybe be a little more muscly in a few months. :) The picture at the top is from the museum...I know I could take pictures of sculptures or paintings, but this one seemed more culturally accurate! The bottom picture below is me with all my luggage waiting to meet my principal and co-teachers. This was the room I stayed in with my friend Kara for the first week here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures. The one with the food looks kinda weird!! Was it good?!? And the one with the Koreans taking the picture is cute too. Stacey

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful -hon - Love you - MOM

Anonymous said...

That pic. with you on the bed, is that where you will stay? If not please put a pic. of your appartment. Also can I send you any thing from home, candy, girlstuff, did you run out of your fav. face soap yet... ? Please let me know. LOVE, Amy

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is right! You really are so beutiful! :)

Martin