Sunday, September 2, 2007

Moving In



Yesterday I was unpacking stuff and cleaning up around my apartment and all of a sudden a man showed up at my door. He helped me when I moved in and when Kara moved in downstairs. He knocked on the door, and in broken English, he asked if we needed to go to E-Mart (like Wal-Mart but bigger). We were pretty excited because we both needed some pretty basic things. We climbed in his car and loaded up with things for our apartments and refrigerators! He also treated us to dinner, even though I think he had already eaten. It was nice to eat with someone who knows how to eat the food! Kara and I had tried a similar restaurant for lunch and didn't exactly know what to do when the ladies placed several dishes of mystery food in front of us. When we had lunch, we walked into the restaurant and saw the menu (picture on the top)...what would you order? We smiled at the lady who came for our order and we pointed at something that was at a reasonable price. What we got was lots of meat and vegitables and kimchi. With our helpful guide, though, we knew what we were getting and how it was supposed to be eaten!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, I have been reading, I am just busy moving and working and did I tell you the court thing is over and I got the kids 100%? do you have an email?

Anonymous said...

I for got to sign my name, that was me, Amy

Love You

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, One other thing, I am getting married Sept. 15, 2007 and I wish you could be here. I will have to tell you the whole story someday, Ben got down on one knee and there was a waterfall and everything... Sigh. Smile.

Love, Amy

PS (the ring is awesome!!)

Also Heidi is having another baby, and Sandy's baby-girl's shower is Wed. I wish you were here, but I am glad you are having fun.
Seek God, Amy

Sabrina said...

Hey Bonnie...
Sounds like you are already enjoying your time in Korea! I'm envious if all the unusual food you get to try! But maybe you don't feel the same way! :)
Take care!
Sabrina