Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner




I am still in my orientation week here in Seoul. One new and interesting experience for me has been the kimchi. This is an important part of the cuisine here consisting of fermented vegetables mixed in a variety of hot sauces. Mostly these vegetables are either cabbages or radishes. They make my mouth feel like it's on fire and I don't particularly like it...yet! I hope that it will come to grow on me and by the end of this year I will crave it--I will be eating it a lot! The food is pretty good in general, however, we eat essentially the same thing each meal. There have been a few things on my plate that I couldn't quite name, but I am mostly up for an adventure! Last night we ate whole mini-squids for dinner. They were mixed in with some potatoes and meat. They tasted like calamari and I actually thought they were really good! :) I have the feeling my taste palate will change a lot! I am looking forward for tomorrow...I get to go to my school and see where I will be teaching! The morning will be spent at the school and, in the afternoon, all of the native English teachers from this group and I will be touring the National Museum. I haven't actually been downtown yet, so I am anxious to get out of this conference center! We will all have one more night here after tonight then we will be staying at our apartments. I guess it will be very small and not necessarily so nice, but I am going to wait and see before I say too much! Things are going well and I can now say that I am excited to start the school year. I really needed a little time here to get back into the mindset of a school teacher. Now I am coming up with lesson plans and beginning to think about how I would like to run my classes. I will keep you updated about stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mhmmm yummie!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, the food looks crazy. I am proud of you. Amy