Friday, December 5, 2008

Musings from a coffee shop.

I am sitting in a coffee shop working on some lesson plans for work. My internet connection has been really inconsistent at Edna's (I am not paying for the service, so I guess I can't complain). Since I have been here, there have been two people having a very loud, opinionated conversation next to me. People of the world: the f-word is NOT THE BEST ADJECTIVE YOU CAN THINK OF!! Tap into your higher-level vocabulary and dazzle us with something else. Please.

I have thought about starting a collection of short stories about my time with Edna. I am not much of a creative writer, but I have lots of stories to tell! It seems like there is something new everyday! To give you a short preview (if you are easily grossed out, do not continue--really):

One night, I came home late from work, grabbed my toothbrush and headed to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Edna's teeth were soaking in a small, plastic, pink box next to the sink. The lid was open, which kind of grosses me out, but I was even more horrified when I saw what was inside the box crawling around on the teeth! I shooed the giant, nasty cockroack out of the box, but didn't know what to do next! I mean, what could I do? I was freaking out! I went to bed and set my alarm early so I could get up and tell her to clean them extra well before putting them in. I woke up too late. The teeth were in her mouth. What would you do? I didn't think it would be appropriate to say something about it, and to this day, I close the box every night after she goes to bed. It isn't like I can ever mention this instance to her or hint that she should close the box. The lesson I have learned from this is: when I have to soak my teeth some day, I will ALWAYS close the lid.

*Since this instance, we had a guy come and spray a strong repellent around the house which has GREATLY reduced the number of roaches and other insects inside the house. They still get in, but only one or two a night instead of a dozen or more. I sleep much better now.

2 comments:

sarah :) said...

Ew. Ew ew ew.

EW.

Sabrina said...

I think its awesome!!! so hilarious!