Monday, September 1, 2008

I'm back...

Well folks, I'm officially back! I've been here a week--it is a little strange to transition back into American culture. I've only bowed to one person (at a store after receiving my money, of which I accepted with two hands) and haven't had too many problems with speaking English (although, people really seem to fire questions at me quickly enough that I can't always follow). Anyway, I'm thinking about the continuation of this blog (or not continuing). I am still unsure about this, so I guess I will make a decision and keep it going until a decision is made.

My adventures are far from over--I have plans to travel to and in South America for a few months next spring (anybody want to join me?), not to mention moving to the Anaheim area in a couple of weeks. My travels up to this point have only fueled my desire to continue traveling and exploring. I'm interested in lots of 'mini-retirements' throughout my life (Korea was a nice pseudo-retirement for me--lots of vacations and a totally different environment), and hope to have lots and lots of stories to tell when I am old! :)

It has been fun being home--I have had the chance to see family before they all take off for college and the Air Force. Also, my boyfriend flew in for the long weekend (a surprise!) and it was really fun to see him on my home turf! I have yet to get a cell phone and am in the market for a car (specifically a new-ish Toyota if you know anyone), but I am looking forward to seeing friends in the coming weeks!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

END THE BLOG!?!?!?! NEVER!!!!!
You must keep it going!!! Hope to get together with you before you are out on your next adventure!
Do you have my number?

dana said...

Welcome Back, B! Call me when you have a chance. Still coming through KS later this month? Love you!