Sunday, July 13, 2008

NANTA Theater Performance


This past Wednesday night, Martin, Kara and I went to see a kitchen-themed theater performance in Apgugeong. It was a two-hour performance where the actors use kitchen items (knives, brooms, water) to create a non-verbal, rhythmic story about the preparation for a wedding dinner. Of course, they needed a bride and a groom. Who do you think they chose to be the bride out of a whole auditorium of people? Me? Why, yes. They chose me. I had to go up on stage, wear a funny hat and eat some soup. At the end of the scene, I had to walk arm-in-arm with my new Korean "husband" to the front of the stage as the wedding march blasted over the speakers and the audience roared with laughter. As a prize, I was given a phone charm and a blurry picture of my 5 minutes on stage! Oh well, it was a fun night out--Kara and I talked about going to see NANTA for months! Finally we can cross it off the list! :)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

It sounds like you have been having a blast with Martin! Love the Octupus, i've always wanted to do that! And the Crap Pizza... I have always wanted to eat that too! :)