Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cafe Tortoni


Today was tango day! We finally bought tickets to a show at the city's oldest cafe: Cafe Tortoni. It was established in 1858 (I read that on the mug). We stopped in earlier this afternoon for a coffee and some churros, and while we were there we picked up tickets which turned out to be a good idea. We got better seats for purchasing them early.



The show was almost two hours long and really great! There were four musicians including a guy playing the accordian. There was a male singer who was able to get everyone to sing "por una cabeza" with gusto, as well as another song which he quickly told us the words before we had to sing them (I think I got at least 40%). Finally, my favorite part was watching the tango dancers. It really makes me want to take dance lessons when I get back to the States! So beautiful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could dance but there is just not chance, not a dancing bone in this body.