Saturday, June 23, 2007

Here in Europe

Last Friday night, Martin and I picked up JJ in Florence, Italy. It was funny because on the way down from Switzerland (just after we crossed the Italian border), we started hearing a funny sound... Actually, it wasn't funny, it was just extremely loud (Martin's car is a diesel)! It was so loud that it reminded me of some of the tractors from back home! We stopped and looked under the car only to see that the muffler had broken into two pieces. We decided to keep going so we could pick up JJ (he had no phone or any way to contact us) and then we would try to find a garage in the morning. Well, JJ, being the innovative farmer that he is, took a look and decided he could fix it. The guys cut the end off a promotional metal coke bottle and found some wire on the street and rigged up a pretty good solution! It was hilarious for me to watch! JJ has fixed my car several times in the past years, but I was pretty impressed that he was able to use a simple coke bottle and some wire off the streets of Italy for this job!

1 comment:

Amy J Pro. 31 said...

That is an awesome story about JJ I am very impressed. Love, Amy